Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Rockingham Health Care seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. The UNC Rockingham Health Care nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Rockingham Health Care? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)
RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse II (12+ months of experience)
RN Clinical Nurse II (12+ months of experience) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse III
RN Clinical Nurse III Leads to RN Clinical Nurse IV (Clinical Leader)
RN Clinical Nurse IV (Clinical Leader) Path Ends here
I’ve been at UNC Rockingham Health Care for over 20 years and worked in many positions. Looking back, I wouldn’t change anything about my experience here. I’ve enjoyed every aspect of my career.
Afrim Hasanaj, RN, Surgery
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
1. Defines and establishes the goals, objectives, processes, and resources required to support nursing practice and nursing standards development in alignment with the organization’s mission, values, strategic direction and regulatory requirements; Assumes an active leadership role with Senior Leadership Team medical staff, management and others throughout the organization; assumes the authority to speak on behalf of nursing.
2. Assumes primary responsibility and delegates to individuals for projects and special assignments as requested, maintaining time line and keeping colleagues informed of progress toward desired results; Represents nursing practice and patient care contributing to the on-going success of the organization; Evaluates the impact of decisions on the organization as evidenced by a systems thinking approach; Provides leadership in implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyze, and improve the quality of nursing care provided; Serves as a change agent, utilizing the principles of change management theory in the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of planned change assisting and supporting staff in understanding the importance, necessity, impact, and process of change.
3. Understands, articulates, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and professional organization standards; Maintains knowledge of current leadership and nursing practice including evidence based leadership and clinical practices, care delivery systems, and patient care models incorporating knowledge into planning processes; Applies process/performance improvement principles.
4. Coaches, develops and provides leadership to direct reports and others; fosters independence and autonomy in team members, actively seeking those activities which promote/encourage independent thinking and problem solving.
5. Develops a strong partnership with members of the UNCR Medical Staff to improve quality, patient safety, efficiencies, and collaboration on strategic initiatives.
6. Champions the delivery of patient/family centered care; provides leadership in development of recruitment and retention strategies designed to attract and retain staff.
6. Integrates high ethical standards and core values into all work activities and instills those values into others in department; serves as role model and mentor; assumes role of preceptor/instructor as requested; complies with all organization policies and procedures.
Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Registered Nurse Licensure in North Carolina or eligible
Requires 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience.
Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business. Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Primary Location: Eden, North Carolina, United States
Department: 6500-79950-RHC Administration
Shift: Day Job