Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Rockingham Health Care seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. The UNC Rockingham Health Care nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Rockingham Health Care? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate)
RN Clinical Nurse (New Graduate) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse II (12+ months of experience)
RN Clinical Nurse II (12+ months of experience) Leads to RN Clinical Nurse III
RN Clinical Nurse III Leads to RN Clinical Nurse IV (Clinical Leader)
RN Clinical Nurse IV (Clinical Leader) Path Ends here
I’ve been at UNC Rockingham Health Care for over 20 years and worked in many positions. Looking back, I wouldn’t change anything about my experience here. I’ve enjoyed every aspect of my career.
Afrim Hasanaj, RN, Surgery
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
- Performs designated job duties under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
- Participates in the development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Implements the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific needs.
- Monitors patient/resident outcomes and reports abnormal findings to the Assistant Clinical Manager/Supervisor.
- Administers specified medications according to established standards and policies.
- Documents patient's status according to unit specific procedure.
- Maintains educational requirements as required by the Board of Nursing.
- Documents according to federal and state regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
- Completion of an accredited practical nursing program.
- NC LPN License
- BCLS required
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Primary Location: Eden, North Carolina, United States
Department: 6500-11311-MNC Nursing Center
Shift: Day Job