Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Rockingham Health Care seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. The UNC Rockingham Health Care nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Rockingham Health Care? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
I’ve been at UNC Rockingham Health Care for over 20 years and worked in many positions. Looking back, I wouldn’t change anything about my experience here. I’ve enjoyed every aspect of my career.
Afrim Hasanaj, RN, Surgery
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
- Provides routine direct and indirect patient care in a skilled nursing facility setting. All work performed is under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Assist physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies during emergency situations.
- Observes, collects, and documents patient information obtained while providing care and promptly report significant changes in the patient's condition to a registered nurse or physician.
- Provides assistance to patients and their families during admission to the clinical area, orientation to the hospital/clinic/home health experience, and discharge
- Provides care/ treatments to patients as outlined in plan of care including, but not limited to, the measurement of vital signs, height and weight, specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, postural drainage, and supportive 11 patient and family interactions.
- Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care for routine activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with ambulation.
- Provides indirect care to patients and assigned area to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, changing linens, re-stocking supplies, cleaning/sterilizing instruments, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, assisting in the orientation of new employees and students, and some routine clerical functions.
- Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers.
Primary Location: Eden, North Carolina, United States
Department: 6500-11311-MNC Nursing Center
Shift: Day Job