Holding a patient’s hand before a procedure. Listening to their concerns with empathy. Comforting a frightened child. These are the qualities UNC Rockingham Health Care seeks in their nurses. As one of our trusted nurses, you’ll help men and women get back on their feet while bringing them peace of mind. The UNC Rockingham Health Care nursing department is as much about kindness and caring for the whole person as it is about medical and technical knowledge.
- Job Type: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Per Diem
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
What do we look for in a Nurse at UNC Rockingham Health Care? Below are candidate traits that encompass the Empathy and Expertise needed to provide the exceptional care our patients deserve.
- Good listener
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
I’ve been at UNC Rockingham Health Care for over 20 years and worked in many positions. Looking back, I wouldn’t change anything about my experience here. I’ve enjoyed every aspect of my career.
Afrim Hasanaj, RN, Surgery
Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Vision and Dental insurance is available for employees through the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Program (NC Flex). Different families and individuals have different needs when it comes to health insurance. We offer three different levels of coverage to meet employees' personal needs.
Employees can feel secure in their future with a 403b account option. A 403b account functions like a 401k, but is offered by non-profit, religious, and government organizations.
We're aware of employees’ needs for time off from work, whether for planned rest and recreation, personal illness, or emergencies, and the importance of income continuation during those times.
Life & Disability Insurance
Employees have a variety of options for life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance.
The Clinical Nurse IV practices at the level of an expert practitioner of nursing as defined by Benner, P. (1984).
From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
The nurse at this level demonstrates expertise in caring for patients with multiple and complex problems.
In addition to demonstrating clinical leadership on the unit, the Clinical Nurse IV serves as a resource and system-wide consultant to staff and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge.
The CN IV functions as a clinical leader.
- Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing professional nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification required.
- Professional certification relevant to the practice area and on the ANCC Magnet approved list within the probationary period of employment.
- Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment preferably with charge and precepting experience in the area of assignment.
Primary Location: Eden, North Carolina, United States
Department: 6500-11670-RHC Birthing Center
Shift: Day Job